FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA: LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY RT $702 in A/J 18.9K EQMs
Old Jun 18, 2016, 1:51 am
Smiley90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by MACH81
I've been trying to tweak it to get the max amount of TP in 1 week-end run, possibly the 1st week of July or the 2nd.

Unfortunately for TP maximization I need to avoid SFO/LAX-JFK since it would book in I (while I'd love to be lie flat, losing 70TP each way is not ideal). Wouldn't Mind F on the 772/763, but it's not a must.

I believe this is a Q/up fare, do you search availability for both L/V and I/A space?

if someone can share a nice routing even via PM I'd appreciate. can leave 7/1 at night (arriving from DFW).

Thanks
When I try to look for those the best routings I find are usually via PHL if you try to avoid LAX-JFK. a) PHX-PHL is >2k and b) PHL-MIA can be had on lie-flats. (or if you want even more TP, route PHL-MCO/CLT/TPA-MIA where MCO-MIA is often lie-flat too, but only a 1h flight

alternatively, I've found some routings that go DFW-LAS-MIA that also gets you decent mileage and LAS-MIA is >2k as well. so maybe try those!

otherwise, sometimes LGA&BOS give reasonable prices (all of which are >2k from PHX)

how about this, leaving YVR on the 2nd and arriving back in YVR on the 4th:

https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...sc=b;a=AA;eo=e

YVR-PHX-PHL-MIA-PTY-MIA-BOS-PHX-YVR

for whatever reason that PTY-MIA flight books into Eco S for that particular date but play around with it - and given that it's only a drop from I to S you wouldnt even lose too many TP. as it stands it'd be 990CAD/767USD/534GBP for

40+210+60+40+5+60+210+40=665TP.

Last edited by Smiley90; Jun 18, 2016 at 2:04 am