FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Horrific United Flight Attendant - what to do
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:33 pm
bmwe92fan

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by grapegrower
"I don't know if it's just me, but most of my problems have been with the centegenarians from the "illustrious" days of flying yore"
I fly 30-40 hours a year with UA, mostly long haul, and am around the same age as the "centagenarians" and have no problem with them. Maybe I know how to emphasize with those of similar age.
On a recent flight a pax was trying to ram his oversize carry on in the locker above me and managed to drop it on my head. It was more shock than hurt. The two young FAs nearby pretended not to see. It was the centagenarian who raced up to see I was ok and subsequently checked a number of times during the 4 hour flight.
Did that person tell you that the reason you got hit in the head is that on UA they have negotiated for the "right" to not have to lift any pax bags into the overhead? Didn't think so - on any other airline the FA would have assisted the pax with the bag - you got hit in the head because of union negotiations - how does that feel now? Easy to blame others - unfortunately the facts aren't on your side....