FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Horrific United Flight Attendant - what to do
Old Jun 17, 2016, 7:27 pm
tcp1

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium/LT Gold
Originally Posted by NeedstoFly
Airlines in J and F are selling a luxury product. Would you accept the same level of service in say a Prada store or a Ritz Carlton hotel? That's the standard they should be judged against.
I'd tend to agree, but please try telling any crew that in the "primarily here for your safety" culture we have these days.

That being said, currently up front on my regular IAD-DEN trip and the two younger FAs up front have been excellent. I don't know if it's just me, but most of my problems have been with the centegenarians from the "illustrious" days of flying yore.

Having lived with a UA FA last year, I can say her schedule was crazy and she was generally treated like crap by the company - but she did like her job and tried to treat customers well. She was in her mid 30s and had about 10 years with the airline. I'd say she was a better example than many, but that may be personal bias.

She did tell me stories of the old crab apples and other bitter folks, but also had plenty of DYKWIA stories as well.

I think it's like any job - the main difference on the international carriers being that they can outright discriminate on age, looks, demeanor, etc which is more difficult in the US.

Last edited by tcp1; Jun 17, 2016 at 7:35 pm