FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:13 am
megalab

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by GSBEWR
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you completely. While I will agree with you about the C120 club at times, I will always take the A2 club over that gate area any day of the week. It doesn't take much for that concourse to become so overcrowded in a short amount of time...

Are the EWR clubs often the most crowded of all the UCs. Probably. But I will still take them over the gate areas any day of the week.
Originally Posted by blueman2
Well, I did not try the A terminal UC, so you might be right there. But I did find the gate area MUCH more quiet, calm and relaxing than the crazy crowded situation in the UCs. Maybe I was there on a bad day, but that is my experience.
You're both right. The A UC Club will probably always be better than the A gates, but the C Terminal UC Clubs were both worse (more crowded so less comfortable seats available, noisier, dirtier) than the new C108/110 gate I experienced, even though C110 had a 767 worth of people waiting. My only complaint with C110 was the overhead music was not to my taste, but it was still quieter than the zoo in the C120 Club, and I was glad I left C120 UC early.

Even if not at C108/110, the new, upscale C Terminal bars and restaurants looked like a much more appealing alternative to the tired, run down UC's and their lower quality food and beverage. A UC Membership/Pass may be better than paying, but for a quiet place to eat and drink in EWR there will be few times the new C terminal amenities will be a less appealing place than the old C Terminal UC Clubs.