FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Horrific United Flight Attendant - what to do
Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:17 am
porciuscato

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by tuolumne
That's lovely - I'm so happy for you.

Obsequious on the plane, then come online to yap? To be honest I see your opinion as thinly veiled contempt for FAs.
Wow. Talk about thinly veiled contempt. 4 out 5 times I write to United about FAs, it's positive, BTW. Not because that reflects my experience, but because I'm favoring sugar over salt.

I live in a small tourist town where I've observed how bad behavior is fostered by anonymity and lack of accountability. (You can also observe this on bathroom walls and Internet forums).

As TripAdvisor and Yelp have grown, I've seen the restaurants in town make quantum leaps toward better service. Several of the bad ones that were around for decades closed down. It's all about customers being able to identify the good/bad actors and provide feedback. A similar mechanism could do the same for United.

So I'm surprised that you would think FAs should remain anonymous and immune to customer feedback.

What's you proposal then? Just give the unions everything they want? Higher pay for everybody and things will get better?

I don't believe FAs on Delta, Swiss, or Lufthansa are paid better. Yet I have never had a bad FA experience on any of them. Not one! In fact, I just flew two Swiss and one Aegean flights to Crete. My God, what a difference! They're friendly, helpful, warm -- everything the average United FA is not.