FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Horrific United Flight Attendant - what to do
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:36 pm
tuolumne

Originally Posted by porciuscato
Why are they this way? Easy, it is common human nature, when you don't have to answer to anyone for your performance, when you get paid more simply for hanging around longer, and when it is nearly impossible to remove you no matter who lame you are.

You will see very similar behavior in employees at:

* The Post Office
* The DMV
* Public schools
* Any govt. office in a 3rd world country
I'm glad we take care of our public employees and have nothing but glowing experiences in the aforementioned places. The "structural reform" your're advocating is in the same vein as privatizing social security. It's nonsense.

Originally Posted by porciuscato
Solutions? i think many have already been proposed. You just didn't notice. Here's just a start:

1) In the next contract negotiation, offer a merit pay scheme that is based on actual performance rather than seniority. Phase the seniority system out. Make performance bonuses significant, e.g. 10-20% of pay.

2) Require every single customer-facing employee to wear a legible name tag. It doesn't have to be a real name, just something unique and recognizable, like our tags on FT. Make it a firing offense to not wear it.

3) Start regular "employee of the month/year" programs, based 100% on passenger feedback, to recognize the best FAs
1) Never going to happen, because it's BS and a thinly veiled attempt for the company to get rid of select FAs.

2) Why? So angry FTers can go crazy on aircrafts demanding to see the tag? There's a REASON they don't wear them. My god. And a fireable offense? You and I are living in different worlds.

3) The company already has (and has had) programmes in place. Redundant

Last edited by goalie; Jun 17, 2016 at 9:40 am Reason: snark removed, discuss the issue, not eachother and please quote the member's name when quoting multiple parts of their post