FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore to Washington DC on SQ Business & Virgin Atlantic Upper Class
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:50 am
iluvcruising2

Virgin Atlantic Heathrow Clubhouse Awesome lounge!!

Once the plane landed, we got off quite quickly. So now I had to find my way to Terminal 3. I had done my research beforehand and I was fully aware that I had to transfer terminals. SQ uses the newer Queen's Terminal 2B. I had to find my way to Terminal 3 and likely take a bus.

The signs in English were easy enough to follow, though I found the route to walk to be rather long and winding. There were many steps up and down, and I figured that if you have difficulties in climbing stairs, doing a transfer at LHR would not be fun at all.

There was also the classic scene of a large number of transfer passengers staring at the electronic screens to try to figure out which terminal their connecting flight departed from. I was absolutely sure that mine departed from Terminal 3, so I didn't have to check. Here is a picture taken while waiting for the bus.

Another view of the waiting area. The buses were frequent enough.

Once I got to Terminal 3 and cleared security again (no lines at all, even for non Fast Track passengers), finding the Virgin Clubhouse was not difficult. At the entrance, the receptionists found my name on their list and ushered me into the stylish oasis. First look.

It was quite crowded, though I could find an empty place (near the entrance) to myself. I decided to settle down there for a bit. Looked at the breakfast menu, and there were so many choices. I didn't know what to choose.

Well, maybe I was still too full from my earlier flight. Not really hungry, but I still ordered something to drink and eat. Meantime, check out the beautiful lounge.

The waitress brought me my coffee.

And a beautifully done Eggs Benedict. I liked it that they only serve one portion with one egg. That was enough for me.

This is the Internet log-in screen. I found the internet connection to be reasonably fast. Definitely good enough to deal with your emails.

They had a pretty comprehensive cocktail selection, as you can find online or see in my video. I couldn't resist trying a cocktail, even though it was 10am in the morning. So I tried a random drink called Lady V. The description was Hannah Devine, Earl Grey infused gin, fresh lemon, strawberry cordial and cucumber (shaken). It tasted ok.

At another part of the lounge, there was a Pool table, and later on, there were people playing. Good fun.

If you wanted to do some plane watching (and smell some aviation fuel), you should check out the rooftop area, which looks like this.

LHR is certainly a busy airport and you could watch plenty of aircraft movement from this rooftop garden. Today, I managed to catch two planes having a standoff. Both of similar size. Both Delta. Who will blink first?

I had read a lot about this lounge, watched videos, and was full of anticipation. Overall, it lived up to its expectations and I had a wonderful time. However, there was one embarassing and very public blemish. This picture says it.

If you still don't get it, here is another picture. Ok, I shan't say more. Hope they get it fixed quickly.

This is the area of the large screens. Comfortable chairs. Good place to catch up with some work on the laptop too.

In terms of quality of food, drink and decor, the Virgin Clubhouse at London Heathrow must be the best business class lounge that I have used so far. It certainly lived up to its reputation. I made several videos of the lounge, if you want to see more of it. Here they are.

Here is part 1 of the video.

Here is part 2. This video shows you the bar area as well as the pool table and some retro games.

Here is the final video, more scenes of the Clubhouse.

I'm glad I had the slightly longer layover on this SIN-LHR-IAD route and that certainly gave me all the additional time to enjoy the Virgin Atlantic London Heathrow Clubhouse.