FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - schedule change (WS4, LGW-YYZ): confusing email layout, and more...
Old Jun 16, 2016, 7:54 am
sofasurfer

Programs: rapidly diminishing
schedule change (WS4, LGW-YYZ): confusing email layout, and more...

I've just received an email informing me of a schedule change to an upcoming flight (WS4, LGW-YYZ, end of July - I'd received a nearly-identical email for our end-of-August trip two months ago).

A I'd love Darren aka WestJet (or perhaps Aerobod) to shed some light on, if they're able:

1. the emails aren't formatted in a user-friendly way. You end up scrolling past *three* sets of ("UNCONFIRMED") flight details, before getting to the revised "CONFIMED"info - which appears to be what the changed itinerary now looks like.

2. Is there any specific reason why the August flight times were revised back in early April, and the late July ones have only just been revised to the same times now? Seems a little odd.

I appreciate you've all got several teething issues with these new birds, and I'm sure you're focusing on getting those resolved (and ensuring back-up metal is on hand from third parties)... But I like to think that I'm not too easily fazed or confused by the sorts of changes I've outlined above, and I'm left scratching my head a little here..

Also, there may be very little that can be done in the immediate term wrt the formatting of the stock emails that may automatically get sent out - but I'd suggest this could do with some attention soon. If nothing else, it'll help lighten the load on your doubtless-frazzled call centre staff...

(I guess this could have gone under the "new service" thread, but I suspect this email formatting issue may not just be limited to the LGW service - mods, if you disagree, I understand!)

Last edited by sofasurfer; Jun 16, 2016 at 8:00 am Reason: realized I'd have now had emails for *both* of the two itineraries I have for the same route - amended post and question 2)