FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)
Old Jun 15, 2016, 1:32 pm
miadukes

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
We're big fans of the PHV, including the b'fast -- it's part of what keeps us Diamonds.

Different people have different amounts of money, and different tastes, and different tastes for spending money (regardless of what they have), so far be it from me to say what is "worth it" and what isn't. Instead, a tip on rationalizing the breakfast while you're there: Go on the late side. Make it brunch, not breakfast. Do stuff in Paris and skip "lunch." Do something fun and cheap for dinner, like crepes in Rue Montparnasse. Your total food bill for the day will be less than if you had croissants for b'fast, then over-priced lunches and dinners as well.

In all events, enjoy.
That's a good strategy except that I am an early bird and like to have my big breakfast! But I see what you are saying.Do you recommend anything in particular on Rue Montparnasse?

I've already decided to allow the breakfast into my budget, for at least one morning anyway so I am all set there but you are right, normally there is no way in heck I would be spending that much on breakfast but since the entire week hotels will practically be free I am allowing myself to splurge a little.