FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Onboard F&B
Thread: Onboard F&B
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:40 pm
Redhat72

Originally Posted by daisymay2
I was talking about in economy.
In J yes less spicy and some pasta but I would say I've had spicy 50% of the time in J as well. Always lots of beans too which aren't a good thing at 37,000 feet
I don't know about EK as I'm about to fly first time but based on my experience with other airlines (Lufthansa, United), the special meal (AVML specifically) seems to be the same for Y & J especially on flights not departing from India. The appetizer & dessert may be different but the main course in J seem to have the same vegetable dish as that of a special meal ordered in Y.

I will be surprised if they have different dishes for the a special meal ordered in different classes.

You may want to check your EK profile to see whether you have put a different meal preference by mistake e.g. AVML instead of Lacto-ovo. I had that happen long time back when I switched my meal preference in my LH profile which overrode the meal that I ordered when I booked it through an agent.

At times, on long haul routes, I also call the airline in advance to ensure my meal preference is correct. This has to be done 48 hours before departure.