FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Moments [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:46 pm
76toPHL

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lebowski2222
I was wondering do you think its possible that Ticket Scalpers buy some of these tickets or would it be possible? I didn't think the name on your account had to match who is going since you could just say "These tickets are for my dad or something" but I hope I'm wrong. I could picture some of these concert tickets being scooped up by ticket scalpers especially the ones in the Suites. They could have an SPG Business card and have tons of points on them. I mean some of those concert seats like Adele sold out in seconds and on the second market you could have sold them for tons of money if it was possible to scalp them.
Both times I have gotten Cubs suite tickets, they were left at will call - not mailed/FedEx'ed to me. I guess it would be possible to scalp and list a different will call name, but it wouldn't be possible to sell them on StubHub etc. very easily.

Similar story with concert tickets - I've gotten a few events over the years, and they're usually held for delivery until a week or so prior to the event then delivered by FedEx. Doesn't prevent scalping, but definitely discourages it.

Finally - each member is limited to 6 SPG moments packages per year, which also would make it difficult for scalpers.

I'm sure it happens in some cases on a small scale, but the restrictions SPG has put in place to discourage it are reasonable and likely appreciated by the majority of members IMO.