FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:28 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
6. In mid-1992, passengers desiring nonstop transport between Anchorage and Honolulu were limited to this once a week, Saturday only flight. Identify the airline and aircraft involved.
Who the heck izzit? We know it ain't Hawaiian Air...

Too early for narrow-body ETOPS (other than 757s) so I imagine it must have been one of the majors (CO, NW, UA) with a hub presence at HNL. If it was ~12 years earlier, I would say it could be CO (which did at the time, operate a weird HNL-YVR with a DC-10). So best guess, NW with DC-10.

A good guess as Northwest certainly ran its fair share of DC-10s up to Anchorage - though so far as I know they never did so nonstop from Honolulu. Certainly - they didn't in 1992. So then, scratching HA and NW off the list, please - guess again!

49. In late 1997, who’d’ve ever thought that there would be sufficient demand to offer not one but three nonstop flights between Nashville and Colorado Springs? Not me. But yes, it turns out that in 1997 there are three almost daily jet flights between these two cities. Identify the airline and the aircraft utilized, please.

Trying to remember now-defunct airlines from that era ('90s). Wasn't Reno or Morris as they had been absorbed by AA and WN already. One candidate would be Western Pacific operating 733s.

Though Western Pacific did hub out of COS, by June of 1997 it had relocated its operations to Denver International. The airline we're looking for usually operated contract operations for other airlines. Care to have another go 'round?