FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - REACTION, DISCUSSION: EQD, status tier, upgrade changes as of 6 Jun 2016
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:24 pm
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by mrow
On SH I generally only fly Economy (Euro Traveller) unless I am connecting to/from a LH flight. In this case, the frequent transits I have through LHR T5 are much nicer when I can use the First Lounge. Prior to this year the only lounge offerings in LHR T5 were from BA, however there is now a paid offering which accepts Priority Pass, so I guess the value of the First Lounge has diminished a little. However, there are still quite a few very nice OW F lounges out there and the EXP card is very handy for getting access to these on a J ticket.

In addition, my premium flying has only really kicked off in the last 3 years. Prior to this I was very much a discount Y flyer (similar travel patterns), in which case the EVIPs were a fantastic asset as were the domestic Y->F upgrades. I still get quite some value from the EVIPs now when upgrading to F on the 77Ws and for use by friends/family.

But now, the value question is an interesting one. I guess I've always been aiming for 2MM mark and LT Plat. I'm fairly close to that now and if I'm completely honest, there is a slight emotional attachment associated with completing something I set out to achieve.
To go back to your original question/thought, no, IMO, based on all you've described, I sure don't expect AA to come calling asking why your flying has dropped off next year-- not the kind of loss they'd be most concerned about.