FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone have real life experience of san Salvador?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:31 pm
jlisi984

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
So I'm looking for suggestions here. We are traveling HAV-SAL-YYZ, with an overnight of 13h40 (arrive 18:10, depart 7:50). If it makes any difference, three pax (myself and my parents), two *G, all in business.

We're not backpackers and don't look like them either, and unfortunately cannot alter the way we travel as this stop is only one piece of a very prolonged trip (HAM, CPH, PDL, POZ, DUS, FRA, CDG, HAV, SAL, YYZ, YOW, YQB, YQX - you get the point).

I currently have a night booked at the InterContinental MetroCentro Mall. I am happy to stay there (no status) and also open to suggestions. Since we do have this rather long layover, a decent hotel is appreciated (again, not backpackers!) and I would also like to actually see a little bit of SAL (safely) so I can legitimately say I've been there. We've been to GUA before, but were "taken care of" on that trip. Honestly didn't feel that unsafe, and only when the Canadian Ambassador was surprised that we didn't have armed guards did we raise an eyebrow...

Thanks all!!