FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Checking Stroller & Car Seat Without a Baby?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:55 am
konradsa

Thanks everyboyd for the responses so far.

Originally Posted by EWRMAN
ive checked a car seat for child while my wife and infant where nowhere to be seen
But did you have a child on your reservation or not? Like I said, I will be travelling by myself, my children will not be with me or on my reservation.

Originally Posted by emcampbe
IMO, this all leads the answer to be YMMV. Though my guess is most agents will be able to waive the fee if you simply explain you are meeting the child at your destination.
Thanks, I am pretty sure I have taken a car seat with me before and it didn't fall under the baggage allowance, so I should be able to take it with me for free. But I was travelling with child at that time.

I guess my best bet is to show up early at the checkin counter and attempt to check in the seat. If they want to charge me too much money for it, I can just return it to the car and either rent the seat at the destination, or see if I can get a seat for cheap somehwere there. I have a whole day before my family meets up with me.

It's probably best if I have the a printout with me of my wife's reservation with me the children that also show we will be returning together on the same flight.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 13, 2016 at 1:35 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member