FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with Luxury Hotels of Peru, Please
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:40 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

We also ate at Map cafe, but only off the regular tasting menu. Personally I'd prefer to eat street food in Lima at a lower altitude.

We strolled through the Belmond properties in Cusco, and I'd personally opt for the Inkaterra property if I stayed at Cusco.

Essentially you have to ask yourself if you'd rather see Cusco or the Amazon? I know that you like a more relaxed/quaint style of travel than we do, so it may suit you best.

All the excursions can be easily accomplished from the Sacred Valley for Cusco, though.

As for the excursions, I liked them all. We got to visit a lot of local homes and participate in Inkan religious ceremonies. That was fun.

Tambo is pretty corporate, like a Westin. I'd opt for something more boutiquey, something more Incan. I'd go Inkaterra and then maybe the Belmond in the sacred valley. A good friend of mine just did the pods, which I think would be memorable as well.

But if I did it again, we'd just hike the Incan trail and forget all the hotels and see if there's an outfit that can carry your backpacks. But alas, I digress--this is a hotel forum not a travel forum.

Y'all are massively too harsh on the bus. It's not bad, but neither is Inkaterra MP that great. So it shouldn't matter too much.