FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Same Day Changes (SDC) and Free Change on the Day (FCOD) on BA tickets
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:52 am
EchoVictor

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
FAQ: Same Day Changes (SDC) and Free Change on the Day (FCOD) on BA tickets

Hi all,

I understand the concept of standby doesn't really exist on BA for non-employees. So I'm thinking about buying a Euro Traveler "plus" fare that includes "change flights for free on day of travel" until "one hour before departure."

So this sounds like a same day confirmed change that many of the US airlines have. But I have searched Flyertalk and the web and can find no discussions of this. BA.com helpfully says the following about plus fares:

"...if your plans change last minute (a meeting ends early, or you want to stay longer) you can change your flight for free on the day of travel, up to one hour before your scheduled departure time. Just make the change via ba.com, the BA mobile app or via your travel agent. Conditions apply."

Nowhere can I find what these conditions are. Does the same fare class has to be available? Or if there is any coach seat available can I take it? Can I make the change at midnight the day of departure or is it 24 hours in advance? The route in question is LHR to VCE.

Thanks