FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Jun 13, 2016, 9:56 am
turner32

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by scubaccr
As an aside, interesting figures tby IHG, that your average Ambassador makes only 6-10 nights at IC's ! ? But then realistically $200/6nights ie $33/night is worth it for upgrade savings as one gets $200 savings PLUS back. 6x Amb IC 1-cat upgrade nights is at least break even on your $150/200 outlay.

I have absolutely no issue wth a purely total IC revenue qualification for RA.

It will be far cheaper and less onerous on my IHG/IC total stays and spend/nights to retain RA status on spend, at costlier IC hotels.

I can eaily make 20nights paid qual rates at IC's London-PL, Paris-LG, Amstel
that cost far more than 60nights in a low priced USA/China city IC hotel, and qualify as the top 1% on spend on 20 IC nights alone

I can then instead of a forced staying in not so great CP/HI/HIE to reach 60 IHG nights, use those 40x spare nights to keep my Hilton HHD status , OR, even put 40nights of IHG CP/HI/HIE stays towards a new program like Hyatt/SPG/Marriott

My IC spend remains the same, but IHG as a whole brand lose out as I no longer book the non-IC hotels to requal as RA!

Same for me. No need to flesh out the numbers anymore, with HI, CP, etc. It makes it more streamlined and easier to manage.
US based RA's and those in other territories may struggle with revenue targets due to IC's being considerably cheaper there than in much of Europe. But, we'll see.