FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ Y Singapore to Jakarta and the Mulia Hotel ...
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:59 am
SQTraveller

Trip Report: Jakarta – Singapore on Singapore Airlines SQ963 May 2016

Since I was staying at the Mulia Senayan (you can find the review I wrote on my stay here) it was just a matter of hopping in a taxi to the airport. But when to leave?! This was a Sunday so would the traffic be bad or terrible? Since I don’t have lounge access I didn’t really want to leave the Mulia too early — after all, lounging in the Mulia sounds certainly much more appealing than trying to find somewhere to sit at the airport. At the same time, I didn’t want to miss my flight entirely. Rather than risk it, I thought leaving slightly earlier would make more sense, and that I would get to the airport at least 2 hours before my flight.

In the meantime I went to Senayan City to get some late lunch. I had already had a late breakfast so getting lunch a bit later made sense. Unfortunately I seem to have forgotten how much I had eaten for breakfast and probably had eyes bigger than my belly…. but when you are presented with such a wide variety of delicious looking food, I couldn’t restrain myself

As a newbie with this kind of layout, the main lady was kind enough to point me at the food I was looking for. I had tempe, chicken liver satay, kang kong and kerop. I thought it was all pretty good. I could barely eat the satay though — the liver was so rich. After having a buffet breakfast it was just too much for me!

After spending a couple of hours wandering around Senayan City I headed back to the hotel for an hour. The traffic seemed reasonably clear so I thought I would relax in the reception which has some nice chairs… and of course I fell asleep … yes .. that’s right. In. The. Reception!

And by the time I woke up it was time to head to the airport.

... the rest is still to come

You can catch other travels on the globetrekka blog