FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Name change on redemption ticket
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:51 pm
Rivarix

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by alphaod
Actually the Club folks changed my friend's name in my redemption list no issue with that however they want monies to change the name on the redemption ticket.
Maybe call again and a different agent might be willing to do it for you? Dunno if they changed the rules recently but I had the same issue last summer. Booked redemption ticket to ME (CGK-HKG-DXB) for my aunt who only had one name on passport. Went to QR office in Jakarta to book paid flight to DOH and was told that having one name on passport could be problematic when trying to get Qatari tourist visa so she went through the process to add a last name.

I called MPC afterward. They asked for a copy of the passport and updated redemption tix, my redemption list as well as her AM account. Granted, in her case it was still the same passport (last name was an endorsement to the passport) but still, it was essentially the same issue as yours - updating redemption tix due to change in legal doc - and MPC was willing to do it without charge back then.