FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Salt Lake City [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2016, 1:44 pm
synergistic

I've stayed here several nights in the past few months, and have been very happy with the property. Club floor rooms are reasonably spacious and well maintained, with the exception of peeling enamel in bathtubs. Public areas are also clean and while there are a lot of homeless in SLC downtown, I haven't run into any on site.

The lounge is pretty good - not the best spread I've ever seen, but the staff is top notch. Breakfast includes bacon and surprisingly good eggs, along with the standard fruits, baked goods, cereal, juices... Evening spread typically includes two hot options (sometimes one hot and one cold) along with a good cheese plate and raw veggies. Wine and beer available, including some decent local crafts. The staff really is excellent - always greeting us by name and quick to offer refills and clear plates.

Breakfast buffet downstairs in the restaurant has more options, including a good omelet station where you can get egg whites. Buffet is $18 if you aren't on a breakfast rate.

Three elevators requiring key access (at least for club levels, unsure about lower floors) are quite fast. Fitness center is slightly larger / better than I've come to expect. Nice courtyard and pool, with an indoor whirlpool. Bonus points for having accessible lifts for both the pool and hot tub. There is a hair salon on site, as well as a different salon for nails, waxing, and the like. Also a Starbucks that closes at 3p on the weekends and 7p during the week.

Overall, much better than some of the older reviews would indicate - especially for those who like to take advantage of lounge offerings.