FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Gold Track (new common *A branding for Premier security)
Old Jun 12, 2016, 3:29 am
cuzzybro

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb., A3 *G, QF Plat
Originally Posted by televisor
Anyone have experience with guests (guest on a non *A flight, myself on a *A flight) in ZRH?

Admittedly the last time I was there they at no point checked whether I was *G: there are separate automated gates, but they feed into a common corridor, before splitting into normal and *G - no one checked after this split, but it was also an almost empty morning with maybe 3 people in front of me (although these were some very slow 3 people).
I went through Zurich several times last week, *G goldtrack/priority gates in Schengen side were completely automated and no manned personnel. The automated system let me through when I scanned my boarding pass and my wife just scanned her bp after me at the same terminal and it let her through too, she had tried to scan through an adjacent gate to mine and it initially blocked her until she tried the gate I went through. I assume the system allows a guest/+1 immediately after you at the same gate if you scan through with a *G boarding pass. Not sure how it would work with non *A flight guests though.