FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2016, 7:35 pm
YVR Cockroach
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
48. This airline provided a less expensive option to Air Canada and Canadian Airlines with twice daily one stop service between Calgary and Toronto. Identify the airline, the aircraft and the intermediate stop.
I'll admit to looking up a dead airlines list and guess it was The Flying Dog a.k.a. Greyhound Air using Kelowna Flightcraft 727s and hubbing at YWG.

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach View Post
22. Identify the airline that – as of early 1994 - flies mainline jets into more Colorado cities than any other. While you’re at it, identify those Colorado cities as well.

CO, GJT for one?

When I arrived home last night, I checked my schedules from early 1994. They showed Continental still flying an MD80 into GJT, a 72S into COS and its usual compliment of flights into DEN. Surprisingly there were none into any of the ski areas served by CO as described in question 46 (1997). Many of the flights into COS and GJT were operated via Continental Express with ATR equipment.
It'd appear that CO had pulled out of DEN in 1994 (has it been that long since Stapleton closed?) so I would have to withdraw the now-determined-to-be-incorrect answer. Looked up my flight records and my CO intra-CO flights were a couple of years earlier. The DEN-GJT flight was indeed on an ATR but the GJT-DEN was on a MD-80. I remember some flight irregularity and the MD-80 might have been diverted to GJT and I might have been put onboard that.