FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Family road trip to Niagara Falls and Toronto - any recs?
Old Jun 11, 2016, 6:59 am
B1

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Any recommendations for fun, off-the-beaten path things to do around Niagara Falls?

What about Toronto? We don't mind driving out to the suburbs or outlying areas as opposed to limiting ourselves to the city.

Indoors or outdoors, doesn't matter. We're game for most things.

Although we'd love a tour of wine country, I don't think we'll manage too well with the kids and will pass on that for now.

Thanks!
Recommendations for NF: US side - park on the mainland and walk across the bridge to Goat Island and then to the top of the Bridal Veil Falls - best view in the whole area. Then continue to Terrapin Point where you can see Horseshoe Falls. On the Canadian side my kids loved the Niagara Glen. You park across from the golf course north of the Aerocar. Then walk down the stairs and follow the trails to the river at Whirlpool Rapids. The trails are lovely. You can get a map at the store at the top. All these things are free and never very busy.
In Toronto - Edwards Gardens and the Civic Garden Centre are gorgeous this time of year. Lots of flowers and water features - walk to the Teaching Garden and the rose gardens on the west side of the valley or continue on down the pathways into Wilket Creek. There is free parking at Lawrence and Leslie and no admission fee either. This is my favorite place in the city. The Toronto Islands are interesting but starting at the Wards ferry and walking to the Centre Island dock gives you a lot of views and perspective.