FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What airports have you been to
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2016, 2:27 am
Fasano Havenshire

Programs: United 1K
A cool app that tracks this for you is "App in the Air"

I only started tracking when I got my first job after college which was 8 years ago. I don't get to talk about my travels very much because it seems to bore people who don't travel much. I haven't ever met anyone in person who has traveled like I have, but I know they are many out there and always wish I could cross paths with some. It's just a different sort of life in some ways.

ACC ADB ADD AGP AMS ARN ATH ATL AYT BAH BJM BNE BRU BUD BUS CIA CLE CLJ CND CPH CPT DCA DEN DFW DGT DME DOG DTW DXB ECN EWR FBM FCO FRA GIG GRB GRU GSP HAM HKG HRE IAD IAH ILO INC IST JFK JNB KBP KGL KHI KTW LED LHE LHR LJU LSE LUN MAD MCI MCO MCT MEM MKE MNL MSP MUC NLA ODS OPO ORD ORF OTP PDX PHX PLZ PTY PUY PVG RNO SAW SDU SFO SGF SIN SKG SKP SMF SYD TBS TIA TLV TML TRI TXL USU VCE VFA VIE VNO VVI WAW XIY YYZ ZAD ZAG ZRH

467 flights
on 82 different aircraft
to 107 Airports
on 51 airlines
in 52 countries

Least favorite airport: CIA (Rome Ciampino)
Favorite airport: IST Domestic (straight from the car to the lounge to the plane)

Worst flight: SFO to SYD...we lost an engine and a flight attendant lost control of herself
Best flight: BRU to ORD...first UA flight after the BRU airport re-opened after the bombing. I was the only passenger in business on a 772 and there were only a handful back in regular economy. Had a great time with the flight attendants who were probably experiencing the easiest flight of their careers.

First flight: before my first birthday in 1985

Longest flight: Economy Delta from JNB to ATL...never again

Shortest flight: probably MKE to ORD...I timed 19:37 wheels up to wheels down once

Most memorable flight: medical evacuation from Ghana to Johannesburg in a Gulfstream

Favorite plane: I like the Dreamliner. The 747 upper deck is nice but boarding and baggage is so crowded

Least favorite plane: probably one of the Russian planes

Worst airline: Pakistan International Airlines (people stacked their luggage in front of the exits)