FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disconnect between FA's and PAX
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:50 pm
DrunkCargo

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
tl;dr leave feedback for both good and bad staff so that Air Canada can keep track of their customer service
To be honest, I don't feel it's right to use more of my time to offer my consideration of good/bad stuff in addition to the consideration of my airfare. Other airlines have been good at offering compensation for feedback, but with Air Canada I have only received "good will" gestures, and that was easily 5 years ago.

Originally Posted by flyquiet
I agree with the value of feedback but I am skeptical about whether the value is exploited. What I get back is a bunch of defensive stuff about how they are meeting their legal obligations. Yes, but, (a) maybe that is debatable from my perspective, and (b) that's not the same as crappy service. It's like they think of that form as only a crass ploy to get a code or a first salvo in a lawsuit and they circle the wagons.
I don't think anyone sues Air Canada. You must be joking.

Originally Posted by ffsim
Oh definitely! I'm not suggesting it's realistic at all, just that it's demonstrably the only way to change a culture. Out with the old, in with the new, as it were.[/I]."
Wouldn't it be easier to just fold the company and start over? Should shareholders just pull out entirely and dump into WS then? I'm sure they'd offer Ben Smith a job.

I believe all people are innately well-intentioned, despite outward behaviour. But culture transformation is like being everyone's shrink, which feels insurmountable. But "out with the old" just turns a big chunk of last-resort-employed into the next wave of welfare recipients.

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
When I flew in LH F YUL-MUC last fall, there were a lot of op upgrades to F (I was alone until right before take off). The people were pretty chuffed to be in F and the FA's made sure to match their enthusiasm (with the usual German restraint). Everyone left that flight happy, as it should bé in F, but I felt that crew were great ambassadors for LH.
This reminds me of a recent TG F; half empty F, with this older couple who were clearly excited to be going on a trip of a lifetime. Given their age, I felt this really took a lifetime to accrue, perhaps scrimping LH SmileMiles-or-whatever and planning for months, possibly years. The gentleman couldn't sit still for the first hour of the flight. Seatbelt sign goes off, he's walking around, checking out all the other empty seats, taking pictures... I never saw an FA walk up and say "Dude, sit down. You are bothering other pax." These are the pax I gladly let Zone 0 in front of me. Just seeing happy pax around is a good feeling, not pax who are playing forensic evidence detective or lawyering for basic entitlements. AC has a way of getting that righteous response out of me, which is really not a good way to spend 8+ hours. I am accustomed to smiling. I do that more frequently elsewhere.