FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disconnect between FA's and PAX
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:27 pm
DrunkCargo

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
I had an AC employee throw an amenity kit at me while sitting at my seat, all the while grumbling about "revenue passengers" (the words used) to the SD. This is after politely asking if indeed he was in the right seat and after the third inquiry realizing his BP said 1D, not 1A. Personally, I just wanted to know where he was supposed to be and offer to switch if he wanted. I probably should complain, come to think of it.

To be fair, he was not crew, but clearly flying on behalf of Air Canada as he pointed out that, unfortunately (his word) he works for Air Canada. The crew were awesome on that flight, I think partly trying to recover for their execu-colleague's behaviour.

The same thing was going through my mind... I am not worried about another bus ride, but what if this was my first TATL in J? Seasoned traveler or newbie would be equally confused if someone was in the wrong seat.

I think it's just a cultural thing in Canada? Disdain towards those who actually buy their tickets? This is certainly what I'd read from Air "Canada" from that behaviour. Or maybe just from this one small-cap poorly named company...