FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2016 Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ
Old Jun 10, 2016, 10:50 am
rasheed

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
Now that we are both elites, I am having trouble figuring out how I can get all stickers to come from the plat's account versus paying for stickers. If I OLCI without stickers in the second account but the upgrade cleared, what will happen? Should I check-in with an agent? Will it ask me to buy stickers on the second account?

On a previous flight, no upgrade cleared and upon check in the gold got booted from the upgrade list because there were no stickers in that account. Trying to avoid screwing up the res without paying $200 for the stickers...

Also, how long before check in must stickers be purchased? App says 48 hours but people seem to indicate it takes less than that...
The official policy is if you want to use one account for one PNR for more than one person on the upgrade list, you need to call to indicate that ahead of time (use one specific account for the stickers). If you don't do it ahead of time (preferably before the window opens), then it is possible that you will need to get stickers for the person at OLCI (trying to switch the account that pays for the upgrade at that point is very risky I think).

You must buy upgrades when you check-in if you don't have enough to cover the segments. Otherwise, you will not be on the list. Stickers purchased this fashion (at check-in whether agent, kiosk or OLCI) are available instantly from my experience.

Rasheed