FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - high end cruise lines
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:52 am
Hoyaheel

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
The generic demographic on river cruises is old. They have no activities for kids. THey have no space in cabins for kids. This is the first year a couple of lines have offered single cabins & connecting cabins and some family trip options (and Disney is partnering with one company). But in general, no, river cruises (note I didn't say anything about barges, or yacht charters either in case that's where you go next) are not full of kids. I have no idea how this is a stereotype of luxury that you mention, but whatever....

Since the OP wants to avoid kids, it's an idea. I did a river cruise in 2014, age 41, and I hated it. It was a lovely cruise but I'm an independent traveler and I didn't like having to pay for things I didn't want to do (eg "included" tours). We did a Christmas Markets itinerary since I love the Markets, and there were 2 families (youngest were old teens) and a couple of middle aged couples like us, but I would say 85% of the guests were >65. That's neither good nor bad, it's just what it is.