FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disconnect between FA's and PAX
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2016, 8:11 am
Dorian

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Disconnect between FA's and PAX

Flew on AC897 (LHRYVR) on June 9 and AC896 on June3. If I were to rate the J cabin staff on a scale of 0 (bad) to 10 (excellent), respectively:

Friendly - 3 and 2
Care level - 2 and 3
Service - 2 and 4

I got thinking about the different perceptions of the PAX and the staff.

The staff are there doing the same thing they always do. It is routine, sometimes irritating, tiring, etc.

For PAX, it may be the trip of lifetime, 1st time in J, first time overseas, honeymoon, business trip, etc.

I really saw this disconnect on 897. An older couple so happy to be in J and taking it all in, another couple snapping photos, a younger girl stunned to be there. There was certainly palpable excitement in some people. Even my girlfriend was excited to be on a new Dreamliner (her comment to me when deplaning at how lame the staff were is what prompted me to start this thread). Then there was myself and some others, where it was more 'routine'.

I felt bad for those that were excited to be there, as the stuff SUCKED. Even the In Charge showed terrific indifference to the PAX. One FA just never moved slightly out of the way for PAX head to the lav...over and over. I thought in my head 'what a b*tch'.

I believe this is what many of us love about Asian and the ME3 airlines. Although a chance it is all just a faceplate....it makes us feel good.