FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:24 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by jrl767
we have already ruled out the state capitol (Helena), and I recall with reasonable certainty that Billings, Bozeman, Great Falls, and Missoula had jet service in the early 90s (one or more of Delta/SkyWest from SLC, Horizon from SEA/GEG, Northwest from MSP, United from DEN) ... I'm thinking there are only two other cities in MT -- Butte (BTM) and Kalispell (FCA) -- that could even be candidates for the answer, and since upthread we recently addressed FCA I'll go out on a limb here with BTM
Yep, Butte was my guess as well. The one and only time I departed from BTM was on board a B727-200 operated by Delta in F to SLC via an intermediate stop in Bozeman. I also remember this was a very turbulent flight on the first leg and there was a considerable crosswind at BZN when we landed. In fact, I spoke with the flight crew while we were on the ground in Bozeman and I seem to recall the Captain stating we were just within limits with regard to a crosswind landing.