FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review/Evaluation of NEW Business seating?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 1:54 am
robertw477

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
I just flew this route over the past few weeks. LAX to SYD in VA. I booked Delta low level award last year before things tightened up and the miles went up.. The outbound LAX to SYD was the new beds and the product is similar to AA new seat on the 777W (Business). I liked the new seat and all was good. Tons of extra storage etc. The service on the flight is poor. They served me the wrong main dish, had to replace that, three different times I ordered coffee and it did not come. My breakfast service was also not complete as to what I ordered. Really crummy crew. My wife asked for the inflight snack which was prawns. The FA send sorry that is for later. Later means the FAS are eating them in the galley. Zero other snacks were seen on a 12+ hour flight. On the return I was sure I had the new beds also. I was wrong. I got on the plane and was pissed. The old CRUMMY beds. No privacy etc. ZERO STORAGE.
Service was somewhat better at least with one of the FAS. Zero snacks in the galley. I asked for the in flight snack and the FA told me she might have to substitute. She never returned. That means the FAS must have eaten everything in the galley. Even though Virgin Atlantic MIA-LHR can vary per service I am less impressed on a much longer route from VA.