FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One way rental from a HLE.
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2016, 10:49 pm
krysler

Programs: BAEC Bronze
One way rental from a HLE.

So managed to book a PCAR at ~319(rebooked after a price drop from 333 to 319) all inclusive from 6/30 to 7/7 from a HLE in SF to LA. Unlimited miles.

I badly want a 2016 Maxima(I won't mind an impala or buick too, I just dont want an older Maxima, hate that car)It would be a cool 7 day test drive because I am thinking to buy one.

I have a fear that because it's a one way rental they will hand me over a POS car that they dont want on their lot. Will I have any choice in this or will it be take it or leave it?

Can I just take it to the airport and swap the car with something better in case I get a bad car by using the good old "vibrations over 60" excuse?

I have had all of 5 (lol) rentals with Hertz after signed up for gold online if that makes any difference.

EDIT : I also wanted to know about the no-show policy on "pay later" reservations. I wanted to make a second reservation for another class as well. Just incase these guys dont have the one I want and then cancel one of them at the location. Will that work?

Last edited by krysler; Jun 8, 2016 at 11:04 pm