FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current US passport wait? (Merged Threads)
Old Jun 8, 2016, 2:28 pm
BH8489

Two new data points from two of my family members:
- 1 standard passport book renewal (no card), mailed 5/10/16, payment processed on 5/15, old and new passport books received in the mail (separate envelopes) on 5/24-- 14 days total.
- 1 standard passport book renewal (no card, but the book is a 52-pager), mailed 5/10/16, payment processed on 5/15, new book received on 6/8-- 29 days total. Still waiting on old book.

Neither was expedited, so no clue why one was 2 weeks faster than the other. In both cases the passport status tracker online updated promptly, but email notifications did not work. I got the "Your passport application is in the final processing stages." status online 1 day before it was sent out 2 day priority mail. NPIC phone support was able to give me the USPS tracking number once it hit final processing. In both cases it arrived a few days earlier than the estimate reflected online, and overall time was 2 and 4 weeks respectively, while the current estimated standard processing time is 6 weeks.