FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:28 pm
ClarkGriswold

bumping up suite level

Howdy All,

My family of 5 is staying here for two days later in June, before hopping up to Anaheim to do Disneyland, and if we survive hitting HR Huntington beach to recover.

I applied a DSU which get us a Signature Suite, which from what I understand is a basic, lower floor parlor suite that's standard for GH properties.

I know it's a total first world problem, but I get tired of schlepping 2, 4, and 7 year olds down one elevator and up another (possibly between towers) when going to the club with all of us at these high floor GH properties. Between, forgotten bags, etc, I usually hit 3 miles of walking before lunch on vacation

I called the hotel today to see if they could bump me up to a Grand Suite with proximity to the club (and probably a better, harbor view). I know I'm not entitled to it, so I offered to pick up the $50 difference in price listed on hyatt.com. The front desk agent was polite, but said those were currently sold out. When I countered that there was online availability, she said they always oversell suites in anticipation of cancellations.

I've never heard of this. Is it a thing or was she just tired of my adorable Texas accent? Is there somebody better to contact, or is it better to just request this at check-in?

On an unrelated note, anybody know anything about the Amtrak train up to Anaheim? My wife thinks the kids my get a kick out of this versus renting a car for the drive.

Thanks,