FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]
Old Jun 6, 2016, 9:32 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Peter_Ng
Of course, you were right, they still gave me a Platinum card. Now let's hope that the guy actually did petition for me to upgrade to a Visa Signature card and I will get the rest of the bonus miles in about 2 months. Is there any thing I need to do beside keep an eye on the account? Thanks
Since you used a link that requires minimum spend, you could presumably start on that spend with the Plat card if you wish. That certainly worked in the 25k + $100 credit days. I'm certain it work for the $1000 spend for the $100 credit, what I'm not certain of is whether the minimum spend for the Signature miles can be done while you only have the Platinum. That might something only BofA can answer?

You will not have a lot of time for the spend if you wait to get the Sig card before you start the spend, unless they restart the clock at that point, which I haven't heard, but then we haven't had minimum spend for the miles before now so I wouldn't expect to have heard yet.

Also, you cannot get upgraded to Sig without your agreement to a lot of T&Cs about that upgrade (including the increase of annual fee from $50 to $75). If you haven't sat through the agent reading those off and then you saying you agree at the end, I doubt you were upgraded to Sig yet. So don't sit back and wait for it, call BofA.