FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Super Elite suspended; lawsuit filed but amicably settled out of court
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:08 pm
DrunkCargo

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
The first part of the story

Here is what I received from AC to communicate the suspension of my SE status. I've redacted names, and had to transcribe a PNG screenshot of a spreadsheet, but I believe it has been done with complete fidelity with respect to original content.

It's obvious what my position is, plans change, last-minute bookings happen as a result of last minute decisions, and sometimes buyer’s remorse sets in last minute as well. However I put this out there for discussion.

One datapoint, 136 AQS last year, over 200 segments last year across various carriers/alliances. And the YUL-BRU incident actually works in my favour and has completely disappeared from subsequent correspondence from AC.

Enjoy!

To: "dc" <[email protected]>
CC: corpsecurityguy1 <[email protected]>
Subject: Message regarding your use of Altitude privileges
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 23:35:06 +0000

= Without Prejudice =

Mr. DC
1234 DC Lane
DC Land, DC D1D 2D3

Aeroplan # xxxxxxxxx

Dear Mr. Cargo;

This refers to information received by Air Canada's Loyalty Compliance group, concerning use of your Altitude privileges, specifically, the complimentary access to Maple Leaf Lounges provided to you by the program.

It has come to our attention that you have, on a number of occasions, purchased tickets, checked-in, proceeded through security, accessed the Maple Leaf Lounge, and subsequently, canceled your bookings.

The dates when this was observed are: February 15, April 20, May 29, May 30 and June 23 of 2015, and more recently on January 10, 2016.

This included dates when you would have cleared security and accessed the international or transborder sterile areas of the airport, possibly, without the purpose of traveling on that day. Mr. Cargo, clearing security with an airline boarding pass, without the purpose of traveling constitutes an unacceptable use of airline documentation and travel processes, and may lead to repercussions involving Customs officials.

As a Super Elite Altitude member, I trust you appreciate the effort and value to maintain the integrity of the program and its privileges, so that our valued members can enjoy them during their travel experience with Air Canada and Star Alliance partners.

The instances observed are detailed in the table at the bottom of this message. Please note that Altitude Super Elite members are permitted to access the Maple Leaf Lounge when one of the following conditions is met:

- When departing on an Air Canada, Air Canada rouge or Air Canada Express flight, or a flight with any Star Alliance carrier.
- Upon arriving at airports in Canada (domestic Maple Leaf Lounges).

Use outside these situations may be considered to be against the Maple Leaf Lounge Admittance Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are available on:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...ounges/tc.html

While these items are under review, please note, per Altitude Terms and Conditions, Air Canada reserves the right to revoke an Altitude status, when an act or omission by an Altitude member (or anyone acting on his/her behalf) is detrimental to Air Canada or any one of its partners in Air Canada Altitude.

For this reason, we regret to advise you that your Altitude Super Elite status will be suspended for an indefinite period of time, until a complete review of this file has been done. This is without prejudice to any other rights or recourses of Air Canada, including but not limited to the right to recover damages. This Terms and Conditions are provided to Altitude members, on the following portal:

https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/terms-conditions

In addition, we received information alleging aggressive behaviour by you toward airline personnel. We are in the process of investigating this unconfirmed allegation, which was recorded on a flight you boarded from Montreal to Brussels, in August of 2015.

In the meantime, we kindly request your confirmation that the practices described above will not take place again, that you will abide by the Terms and Conditions of the Altitude program, and will only access the Maple Leaf Lounges when the conditions of admittance are met.

For any further questions or concerns, you are directed to contact Air Canada Corporate Security, at the coordinates provided herein:

Contact: corpsecurityguy1, Regional Security / Investigator Manager

Phone: (604) xxx xxxx

Sincerely,

Spreadsheetguy1
Sr. Audit Manager - General Compliance

Air Canada
Winnipeg

cc: Air Canada - Corporate Security
Altitude Program Manager
Air Canada - General Auditor
Attached Images  

Last edited by DrunkCargo; Jun 6, 2016 at 10:49 am Reason: Fixed the uploaded PNG, typo on PNR 5 - should be 2016, Jan 10