FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 11:31 am
YOWgary

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
I raised an objection about the permeating stench of negativity that often arises, coupled with a forced outrage and dismissal of such 'inexcusable' actions. In reality, it's called 'life' and our best option is to deal with it in ways that don't include painstakingly recounting every transgression, real or perceived, on this or other public forums.

So while I am well aware of "the original purpose of this thread", my response is to add a smidge of perspective into the mix, and to encourage others to not be so easily thrown off kilter.

In the immortal words of Chopper Reid (aka Ronnie Johns): HTFU.
Man, if the perspective you're offering is simply "you people should stop whining and just harden up", you've got to go through about three hundred threads in this forum and dump on each one of them.

It would be great if every post on FT were simply "problem --> solution", but since this is basically just one big support group for those of us who continue to pursue a one-sided relationship with an airline who generally couldn't care less about us, many of these threads are simply people looking to vent about a problem that's not going to get solved.

That being said, a thread like this can often be very useful to help us spot the areas on which AC staff are most likely to double down on their mistake.

For example, my issue with GAs and lounge dragons who don't know the layout of a 777HD is easy to work around if you know the seat maps and simply ignore the wrong answer when it's given.

There was no good answer for Cow's original issue, but several people offered work-arounds that would at least get him on his flight.

TL;DR - you're welcome to find this thread pointless, that doesn't mean the rest of us have to.