FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:50 am
CZAMFlyer

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by YOWgary
I think you're entirely missing the point here.

The entire original purpose of this thread is to discuss what happens when AC staff flat-out refuse polite pushback from a knowledgeable customer, and continue to refuse when you literally hand them written proof.
Thank you. That inadequate customer service was encountered has been repeatedly stated and acknowledged from either side of this debate. I've encountered it, the OP has encountered it, I'm sure you and most - if not all - of the readers have also encountered it. But, reading this thread, I have very few takeaways from what to DO about it, and no master traveler has offered a resolution or suggestion on how best to deal with the inevitability of mistakes, personality clashes or incompetence when interacting with airline personnel.

I raised an objection about the permeating stench of negativity that often arises, coupled with a forced outrage and dismissal of such 'inexcusable' actions. In reality, it's called 'life' and our best option is to deal with it in ways that don't include painstakingly recounting every transgression, real or perceived, on this or other public forums.

There are always two sides to every story, and of course whenever somebody posts about a negative experience, we hear just that person's position. There are plenty of people here who travel a great deal, and statistically speaking, must encounter a similar frequency of glitches when on the road. Why then do we not hear so much grief from these people? How many SEs and million milers have suffered their fair share of frustrations over many more years & miles than you, I or the OP have flown, and yet don't feel the need to stand up and bleat about momentary hiccups in brief exchanges?

So while I am well aware of "the original purpose of this thread", my response is to add a smidge of perspective into the mix, and to encourage others to not be so easily thrown off kilter.

In the immortal words of Chopper Reid (aka Ronnie Johns): HTFU.