FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Report:RTW on SQ,UA & OS -Featuring UA's June 3 Inaugural Direct SIN-SFO Flight
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:55 pm
UA_Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Changi 1 of 2

United moved from T3 to T2 at Changi on May 24. There have been quite a few complaints on the United Forum on the move. T2 is still an excellent terminal, IMHO.

United check in counter is located direct behind Door 4 walking into the terminal.

On this side, the check in area felt festive with decoration to celebrate the inaugural SIN-SFO flight.

I was only passenger at the Global Service Check in counter and it took less than a minute to check my bag and got my boarding pass. The agent was very cheerful on this historical date.

I received invitation to use the SATs Gateway Premium Lounge and an invitation to the inaugural ceremony. I asked the agent if I could use Silverkris Lounge or the Krisflyer Gold Lounge instead, and the answer was no. Those two lounges are pretty packed for SQ passengers. I will try it next time using my PPS card to see if I can gain access using the UA board pass.