FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2016, 1:27 pm
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
It's a beautiful morning here in Denali National Park - quite a change from last night when rain and even a spot of thunder ruled the skies. I do apologize to moondog for not getting to the below question last night but alas, my (our) internet connection went down. Thank goodness it's up and running this morning. Now then...
With regard to quiz item #15, wikipedia strikes again! Hopefully my edit concerning the history of BEX will stick with regard to the correct dates when BAe 146-200 and Avro RJ-70 aircraft were introduced into their fleet....

As for our weather, a beautiful morning has given way to heavy thunderstorms with lots of lightning, thunder and now some flooding being reported locally. Our little pup Miss Bella does not care for the thunder at all but the recently rescued kitten could care less...it's nap time for the little guy whose leg has now healed following a bone fracture injury. BTW, those two are getting along just fine, more or less, and the truce appears to be holding.

Now then.....our man in Alaska has commented that he is not aware of any nonstop service between Los Angeles and San Juan (a distance of 3,385 miles) since the days of Super DC-8 service operated by Delta. So here's a bonus quiz item.....

In 2001, this airline was operating round trip nonstop service twice a week between LAX and SJU. Identify the airline and the aircraft type flown on the route. ANSWERED....Up, Up and Away! TWA!

Last edited by jlemon; Jun 5, 2016 at 1:42 pm Reason: answer update