FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Kauai REVIEW- MASTER THREAD - mid-2011 Forward
Old Jun 4, 2016, 12:50 am
1readyset2go

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
And keep in mind there are numerous GREAT hiking options up in Waimea Canyon and Kokee. I plan to spend 2-3 days up there hiking while staying at the GH. There is tons more to hiking in Kauai than just the Kalalau trail and the trails up in Kokee will be A LOT less crowded than the first 2 miles of Kalalau which are just overrun with people now. The Kalalau Trail is awesome, no doubt, but its by far not the only great trail on Kauai featuring incredible and unique scenery.

I am Plat with Hyatt and I have never stayed here. I booked a really cheap rate (thru Hyatt directly) for the standard room for the first week of Sept. Hopefully by then it will be a little less crowed than August and the peak summer crowds. I am just hoping for a room that I don't have to walk 10 minutes to get to. I was thinking a ground room might be good for quick assess to the pools? I am not really sure what to ask for preference wise if they give me a choice on room locations.

Last edited by 1readyset2go; Jun 4, 2016 at 9:40 am