FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry vs NEXUS
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:57 pm
txviking

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by frakie20
Hi,

I can't seem to find an definitive answer either at GE or Nexus site so I hope someone can shed light on my situation below.

I am a Canadian passport holder working and living in Boston. I also hold a greencard (10 year) since 2014. My question:

1. Do I have the option to pick either of the two? I live in Boston so go to Logan is definitely easier than Toronto for interview.
2. In case I go for global entry and in case I give up the US greencard in the future, does my global entry become void automatically?
3. I don't do extensive international travel, two to three times a year (except for US-Canada trip). Does this lower my chance to obtain either of the two.
1. You can choose either. Keep in mind Global Entry does not help with land crossings into Canada, nor does it get you CATSA priority access at Canadian airports, yet it costs twice as much. OTOH, NEXUS includes all GE privileges.

2. Canadians without permanent residence are not eligible for GE. Whether or not the system is smart enough to void it automatically, you would not be allowed to use it at that point. And there is a good chance it would be automatically cancelled. NEXUS, OTOH, you can keep solely by virtue of being a Canadian citizen.

3. No. There is no formal frequent travel requirement for either program. You'll be asked why you want it, but as a Canadian living in the US, convenient border crossings (both ways with NEXUS, into the US only with GE) is both an obvious reason and more than sufficient to satisfy the examiners.

For my money, I'd recommend NEXUS in your case.