FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TBIT TSA Security Checkpoint Wait Times
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2016, 6:10 am
Mabuk dan gila

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by cbastian
Traveling with a group of 10 in early July for a late international flight, and most people don't have pre-Check. Assume we'll hit the line btwn 9 and 9:30 PM. Any idea what we should expect?
Over the previous few months it has been chaos for me at TBIT. The TSA screeners <redacted by moderator>. Things like taking several minutes per person to just check a passport against a boarding pass or several minutes per bag running them through the xray while only briefly even looking at the display screen. Last week it was pretty good. <redacted by moderator>.

There is no Pre-Check line at TBIT anyway so there is no disadvantage to not having it, though I suppose that if someone had Pre-Check and TBIT was really bad and Pre was really good, you could theoretically use the Pre line at T4 since the after security connector tunnel has been open since February.

In any case, last weeks singular experience contrasted to previous months gives me some hope the situation has improved. I got through in about 20 minutes then, as opposed to well over an hour in previous months.

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 3, 2016 at 9:02 am Reason: Take the political commentary to the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate or OMNI/PR forums.