FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Philadelphia [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:44 pm
discostu

Programs: Club Awesome
Stayed over the Memorial Day weekend and a few observations. Check-in went very smoothly, was recognized as Platinum and offered the usual points or breakfast, went with breakfast. Before I checked in, I looked online at their inventory and the hotel was completely sold out, so no upgrade given, maybe to a better view/higher floor. The front desk associate asked why we were there, anniversary, and congratulated us and gave us two free drink tickets. Lobby was nice with a bar that was typically busy.

Room:
Decent size room. Had a great view of city hall and faced the main street. Did not have much traffic noise. The room did smell a bit like oats, so every time the air kicked on, that is all we could smell. Bathroom was nice and modern with only a shower (I dislike bathtub showers). The downside, which I find is a common one, is that the doors do not shut completely or are badly designed and so water leaks out onto the floor or in this case, towel. The towel at the foot of the shower would be completely soaked after a shower.

I did try and utilize the Make a Green choice but I did not receive and cards during my stay and forgot to mention this at checkout, so far no points. All staff was friendly and the breakfast buffet was decent. Redding Terminal is a couple blocks down, I would prefer to go there for breakfast but free is free.

Right in the middle between the museums and historic sights. It was roughly a 10-20 minute walk to get to either or a $5 uber.

I would stay here again, but I think I would give the Westin a shot first as it seems the reviews for that are better.