FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Polaris - New Business Class seats & inflight service {Archive}
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:37 pm
SF1K

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by bhrubin
^^^

Some people are never satisfied.

To be honest, I think this UA Polaris business pod looks more appealing than the vaunted and so well regarded AA/CX reverse herringbone business seat--which I find to be claustrophobic when in lay flat position, and almost impossible to get out of in most seating positions.

I agree with the control group that UA obviously references in that sleep is the most important factor. For me, sleep comfort, seat comfort, and IFE are most critical--followed by food/beverage. Service is important, but less important if I'm asleep, after all.

The new lay flat bed of 78" is as long as the current GF--and plenty long enough even for me and my husband. The UA IFE has always been among the best in the world IMO, and this looks even better. Food/beverage are obviously being improved. The new Polaris lounges are a very unexpected but very appreciated and vast improvement, as well.

This is a fantastic move by UA. It looks like UA will have improvements across the board for premium service. It also looks like Polaris eventually replacing GF won't be much of an issue. Kudos to UA.

Totally agree!! Well said!!! ^^^^^^