FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:22 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Granlor
Hi BRP. It would be worth a visit to the Qantas F lounge just to try some other New World wines. You may get some interesting comparisons to your local appellation. I live in the Hunter Valley (New South Wales) but at our monthly wine group meeting we taste (blind) a variety of wines from around the globe.
Cin Cin!
Cin Cin, indeed (the name of a very good local wine bar). Don't get me wrong, we are very keen try try wines from a variety of places. Certainly Old World Wines (France, Italy) come a very close second to California and are very worth drinking. Australia, South Africa have some very nice offerings. China is even moving into the higher-end market.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't generally expect an airline lounge (even a good one) to be pallet-expanding in the wine area. In other venues, we do venture indeed.

Even at the LHR F lounges, for example, I can't pass up the Johnnie Blue over the wine offerings (that is, until they took it away maybe 1 hour before our flight Monday...both bottles )

I'm likely being too provincial on my views of the quality of wines in lounges...

Cheers.