FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CBC: Air Canada passenger suffers 'horrible pain' after being stuck in cramped seat
Old Jun 1, 2016, 3:11 am
Jumper Jack

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by eigenvector
I'm booked on the slaveship in Y LHR-YVR in a few days. LX ticket stock. Phoned in for seat selection and asked what preferred seats were available. Agent provided a list of seats. I asked:

Is there a seat I can purchase for additional legroom but NOT next to a bassinet (I don't want to sit at the one location that will certainly have a crying child for 10 hours) and NOT at a lavatory bulkhead where the space in front of me will be used to congregate in line for the lavs?

The answer was no. There are six such seats (on a 398Y aircraft) and they are all occupied.

That's all I have left to say on "pax are too cheap to pay for anything but slaveship seating".
Well, they would say.

Pay $$$$ for J or $$$ for PY or ST*U :P

I also want to point how awful these "preferred" seats are , with the meal tray design, it would actually feel more uncomfortable.

So apparently they also doubled preferred seat prices on Transcon. AC loyalist's argument that "no one is paying for them" doesn't seems to be holding true.

Call Y people entitled, but scream as soon J feature diminished a pretty hypocritical like this:

Meanwhile at AC HQ

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Jun 1, 2016 at 5:17 am