FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doha Connection reduced to 1 Hour
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2016, 7:37 pm
tartempion

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
BRU-DOH-BKK transit reduced to 45 min

I flew Sunday 29 May BRU-DOH-BKK QR194-QR836 with a reduced connection time of 45 minutes. Received message Meet and Assist code HN.

Aircraft at BRU was ready to go 20 min before shedule but ATC did not allow and we left the gate 10 min late.

Parked on tarmac at Doha, wait for stairs, bus, then bus got into traffic jam waiting for an aircraft to find it's way to somewhere, went through the chaotic transfer area (even showing J boarding card) Had a fast walk to gate B3, was the last passenger to board at business gate, plane still left gate 30 min after scheduled dept time (waiting for some Y passengers?)

Meet and Assist service?
Really?

Landed BKK 30 min late to find a QR message posted at luggage band "Mr Tartempion luggage delayed" Filled in form to have bags dispatched next day to UTH. At least the follow up on bags was handled professionally.

And on board service was 5* indeed, had an excellent 5 course meal and excellent staff on both legs, wine quality was less than last year though.
Billecart Salmon, Drapier, did not like the Vouvray and the German Riesling neither, a shame the Meursault, Pol Roger and even the Taitinger are gone.

Went to check in for my domestic connection (two hours after scheduled BKK landing) made it to the gate just in time, pax were boarding.

Conclusion: Stressful trip, will avoid QR flights with connections less than 60 minutes at least.
I have two more returns to AMS booked, think some connections around 60 minutes.
Not planning any 2017 trips yet but will watch out for short connections and avoid QR if so.
Also unhappy only one A380 left to fly DOH-BKK. (two A380 legs changed to B777/300)

Last edited by tartempion; May 31, 2016 at 7:43 pm