FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Comfort+ Seating
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2016, 3:53 pm
mnbp

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by AgentCooper
My apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn't find anything.

I just had a new itinerary booked via Concur (e.g. not via Delta.dumb) with ticketing in the Main Cabin. There is a certain red-eye flight that I would like to pay to upgrade to Comfort+. In the past I could just go into the seat selection, select a C+ seat and pay the upgrade fee, however now when I do this I get a message stating I can only select a seat in the cabin in which my ticket was purchased.

Reading the FAQ it indicates I should be able to pay to upgrade from Main Cabin to C+ but I honestly see no way to do this (though I see all the marketing trying to persuade me to upgrade).

What am I missing? Do I really have to call and speak to an agent to perform something so mundane?
Try a dummy booking on DL.com to replicate the actual booking you have. That dummy booking will give you an idea of the cost of what you'd like to do. Post May 16, 2016, C+ is no longer sold from the seat map on a per-flight basis, rather it is an upgrade to the fare you originally purchased. In a single direction of travel, it is generally no longer possible to upgrade just one flight of a multi-segment itinerary.